Since returning to full operations in mid-May after lockdown, Barbers Sales and Lettings Departments have been exceptionally busy, not only dealing with pent up demand but also, pleasingly, a good level of new enquiries.
Our business continuity plans throughout lockdown, combined with our well-resourced staffing levels, have enabled us to maintain good client and customer contact, provide effective advice on Sales and Lettings transactions and ensure ongoing Property Management and Accounting Support. We are now extremely well-placed to deal effectively with the current extra demand so the hard work and extra effort has paid off!
Barbers have adopted a balanced approach to marketing properties in compliance with the latest Government guidelines. We will provide effective marketing solutions and client care, whilst we continue to make sure that everyone’s safety remains our top priority. We are respectful of the fact that people have varying personal circumstances and concerns about Covid-19. All visits and appointments follow strict health and safety procedures.
New enquiries for property valuations and viewings are currently extremely high since we have been able to arrange both physical and virtual appointments. The considerable pent-up demand seen during lockdown has generated extra levels of activity in the Shropshire housing market and we are delighted to be very busy!
We are aware that a high volume of appointments comes with increased responsibility for the safety our clients and staff. Therefore, our policies since returning to work and meeting people at properties are strictly in accordance with Government and industry safety guidance. The key points are as follows:
- Our offices are not yet fully open to the public, except for essential appointments by prior arrangement.
- Only potential buyers in a strong buying position – i.e. those whose own property is ‘Under Offer’ or who are immediately financially able to facilitate a purchase - will be able to have a 'physical' viewing of a property unless there are extenuating circumstances. ‘Casual’ viewings will not be encouraged.
- Physical viewers will be subject to a prior risk assessment to ensure that they are not vulnerable or displaying symptoms. In the first instance, if possible, we will do our very best to arrange a 'virtual' viewing by video or internet link.
- Viewers will be asked to provide and wear appropriate PPE at the viewing.
- Viewings will be restricted to 2 people from any one household.
- All parties to abide by social distancing at all times.
- For property valuation requests, we will continue to offer a virtual service initially and, following an initial discussion, we can then agree if it is appropriate and safe for us to carry out a physical property inspection.
Stay safe and alert. Best wishes from us all at Barbers Estate Agents.