Following the announcement on 13th May that the home-moving market has reopened, Barbers are now adopting a balanced approach to comply with Government guidelines. We will continue to make sure that everyone’s safety remains our top priority and we will respect the fact that people have varying circumstances and concerns about Covid-19.
We have remained operational for the last 8 weeks, maintaining good client and customer contact, providing effective advice on sales/lettings transactions, as well as ongoing property management and accounting support.
New enquiries for property valuations and viewings are currently extremely high now that we are able arrange both physical and virtual appointments. The considerable pent-up demand seen during lockdown has generated extra levels of activity in the Shropshire housing market and we are delighted to be very busy!
We are aware that a high volume of appointments comes with increased responsibility for the safety our clients and staff. Therefore, our policies for returning to work and meeting people at properties are strictly in accordance with Government and industry safety guidance. The key points are as follows:
- Our offices are not yet open to the public, except for essential appointments by prior arrangement.
- Only potential buyers in a strong buying position – i.e.: those who are Under Offer or immediately financially able to facilitate a purchase - will be able to have a 'physical' viewing of a property unless there are extenuating circumstances. ‘Casual’ viewings will not be encouraged.
- Physical viewers will be subject to a prior risk assessment to ensure that they are not vulnerable or displaying symptoms. In the first instance, if possible, we will do our very best to arrange a 'virtual' viewing by video or internet link.
- Viewers will be asked to provide and wear appropriate PPE at the viewing.
- Viewings will be restricted to 2 people from any one household.
- All parties to abide by social distancing at all times.
- For property valuation requests, we will continue to offer a virtual service initially and, following an initial discussion, we can then agree if it is appropriate and safe for us to carry out a physical property inspection.
Although our offices are closed to the general public, the majority of our staff are set up to work very effectively from home in order to continue to provide you with the highest levels of service. All phone lines and e-mail addresses are fully operational and we are committed to helping you move.
We are constantly reviewing the guidelines and updates can be found on our website – www.barbers-online.co.uk or contact your nearest office:
Market Drayton – 01630 653641
Newport – 01952 820239
Shrewsbury – 01743 276200
Whitchurch – 01948 667272
Wellington/Telford – 01952 221200
Lettings – 01630 652314
Commercial – 01952 221220
Stay safe and alert. Best wishes from us all at Barbers Estate Agents.